Risk Management/Workers’ Compensations administers the County's risk management program to minimize harm to the physical, human, fiscal and environmental resources of the County and to minimize the total cost of risk to Mendocino County.
- Administer self-insurance programs and insured policies for workers' compensation and property/casualty.
- Conduct safety training, audits (safety, ergonomic, industrial hygiene) and loss control programs.
- Identify and evaluate physical, environmental, chemical and biological hazards in the workplace and devise ways to control or eliminate them.
- Administer claims in conjunction with third-party administrators and designated providers
- Conduct claim investigations to identify causes and develop preventive solutions to eliminate recurrences.
- Ensure compliance with local, state and federal legislation.
- Administer Workers’ Compensation and return to work program.
County Employees with Workers’ Compensation Injuries can find forms on the County Intranet, or call 707-234-6061.