Welcome to the Mendocino County Clerk’s Website
EFFECTIVE 06/01/2020: ALL SERVICES WILL BE PROVIDED BY APPOINTMENT ONLY.
Appointments start at the top of the hour and are for no longer than 30 minutes.
Appointments are for 1 person only.
Masks are required at ALL TIMES.
Call To Make An Appointment: (707) 234-6822
The County Clerk Division of the Assessor-Clerk-Recorder’s office performs a variety of mandated duties, including:
- Issuing Marriage Licenses (Mendocino County residents Only)
- Filing Fictitious Business Name Statements (FBNs)
- Processing Notary Registrations and Bonds
- Handling Environmental Documents
- Performing Civil Marriage Ceremonies (in our office on weekdays for Mendocino County residents only)
- The County Clerk Division also issues certified copies of Marriage, Birth and Death Records
- Filing of Conflict of Interest Statements (for County Departments, Agencies, Boards and Commissions)
- Accepts Oath of Office for filing and Maintains Roster of Public Officers
- Registrations of Private Professional Photocopiers, Process Servers & Unlawful Detainer Assistants
Our staff is forbidden by California legal codes to provide legal advice; this includes giving advice about what forms you might need or how you should fill them out.