Welcome to the Mendocino County Clerk’s Website
**DUE TO COVID 19**
WE WILL ONLY BE PROVIDING ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS - PLEASE CALL BEFORE COMING TO OUR OFFICE.
The County Clerk Division of the Assessor-Clerk-Recorder’s office performs a variety of mandated duties, including:
- Issuing Marriage License
- Filing Fictitious Business Name Statement (FBNs)
- Processing Notary Registrations and Bonds
- Handling Environmental Documents
- Performing Civil Marriage Ceremonies (in our office on weekdays and at your location on weekends)
- The County Clerk Division also issues certified copies of Marriage, Birth and Death Records
- Filing of Conflict of Interest Statements (for County Departments, Agencies, Boards and Commissions)
- Accepts Oath of Office for filing and Maintains Roster of Public Officers
- Registrations of Private Professional Photocopiers, Process Servers & Unlawful Detainer Assistants
Our staff is forbidden by California legal codes to provide legal advice; this includes giving advice about what forms you might need or how you should fill them out.