Welcome to the Recorder’s Website
The Recorders Division of the Assessor-Clerk-Recorder’s office performs the mandated duties of recording documents and filing maps, maintaining cross-reference indexes to these records. Document Transfer Tax is collected on transfers of real property.
A few examples of typical recorded documents are:
- Real Property Records – Deeds, Leases, Notices of Completion
- Issue certified copies of Marriage, Birth and Death records
- Financing Documents – Deeds of Trust, Notices of Default, Reconveyances, Financing Statements
- Maps – Subdivisions, Parcel Divisions, Surveys
- Military Discharge Papers
- Declaration of Homestead
- Mechanics’ Liens
- Tax Liens, Release of Liens
Recorded documents are scanned and microfilmed for permanent record and for security purposes, the original document is returned to the customer. All documents are indexed by the names of the parties, the type of document and by the year the document is recorded. Copies of recorded documents are available for purchase for qualifying individuals.
Our staff is forbidden by California legal codes to provide legal advice; this includes giving advice about what forms you might need or how you should fill them out.