Mendocino County Department of Child Support Services' (DCSS) mission is to serve children and their families by establishing parentage and enforcing support orders in a fair and equitable manner.
What we can do:
- Establish paternity
- Locate a parent
- Establish and enforce medical support orders
- Establish, modify and enforce a court order for child support
What we cannot do:
- Handle divorces
- Establish spousal support orders
- Obtain or enforce restraining orders
- Handle custody or visitation matters
Please print and send the completed form to:
Child Support Services
P.O. Box 970
Ukiah, CA 95482
Annual Service Fee
On October 1, 2011, and every October 1 thereafter, the Child Support Enforcement (CSE) computer system will assess the $25 Annual Service Fee to all non-welfare families (never assisted cases) that were disbursed collections over $500 for the federal fiscal year, October 1 through September 30. If the CP believes they may be eligible for an exemption from the fee, they should submit the DCSS-0678 form to OPMIS. The form is available on the DCSS Public Website at (www.childsup.ca.gov) under the Custodial Party tab, in the $25 Annual Service Fee section.
Mobile Device Access to Account Information:
We have enhanced our Department of Child Support Services web site (www.childsup.ca.gov) to be accessible via mobile devices. Two additional features recently added to this mobile site are "Check My Account" which connects to Customer Connect and “Make a Payment” which connects to the SDU.
This means that it is now possible for an NCP to make a payment or a CP to check on account information using their cell phones. The access and capabilities are the same as what the user would experience by using a home computer or laptop to access the site.
Child Support Payment Types
For Direct Deposit
To enroll in Direct Deposit, use one of the options below. You will need your social security number and your 13 or 15 digit participant number that can be found in the upper right corner of your check stub.
- Go on-line to www.casdu.com Click on Receive Payments, then on Enroll Now for Direct Deposit.
- Call the toll free number 1-866-901-3212 Select Option 1, followed by Option 3 (Direct Deposit), then Option 1 (enroll).
If you do not enroll in direct deposit, you will automatically be sent an Electronic Pay Card. When you receive your Electronic Pay Card you must activate it in order to receive your child support payments on the card.
- Fast - Payments are deposited directly to your checking or savings account, or to your new EPC
- Safe - Direct Deposit and EPC are secure; no lost or stolen checks or delays in mail delivery due to natural disasters or severe weather.
- Convenient - With Direct Deposit, no more waiting to cash your check; with EPC, you can make purchases by using your new EPC with most merchants nationwide.
If you are not the Custodial Party, you are not eligible for the Direct Deposit or EPC.
If you need more information on Direct Deposit or EPC, please contact the Electronic Help Desk at 1-866-901-3212.