Last updated June 25, 2020, at 1:24 p.m.
Visit us on Facebook for more updated information.
Dust Off Application
- Bell Springs Road, CR 324, June 25 through July 1, 2020
- Mina Road, CR 336, July 6 through July 9, 2020
- Spy Rock Road, CR 323, July 7th through July 9, 2020
- Laytonville/Dos Rios Road, CR 322, July 13 and July 14, 2020
- Construction of the 2017 Storm Damage Repairs on Pine Ridge Road (CR 220) at M.P. 4.52 is anticipated to begin June 22, 2020. There will be one-lane controlled traffic with up to 20 minute delays. Construction signs will be posted.
- Construction of the 2017 Storm Damage Repairs on Primrose Drive (CR 604) has begun. There is one-lane controlled traffic. Construction signs are posted.
- Construction of the 2017 Storm Damage Repairs on Blackhawk Drive (CR 371)at MP 2.00, is anticipated to begin June 22, 2020. There will be one-lane controlled traffic with up to one hour delays. Construction signs will be posted.
Construction of the 2018 Fire Damage Repairs on Tomki Road, CR 237D (road repairs), is anticipated to begin June 24, 2020. From June 24 through June 26, work will be done on the upper narrow section, beginning at 8 a.m., with up to 2 hour delays from 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. They'll stop from 5 p.m. - 6 p.m., and may continue working from 6 p.m. to dark. For the rest of the duration of construction, there will be one lane controlled traffic, with up to 20 minute delays.
- Rowes Creek Bridge on Sherwood Road (CR 311) at MP 5.52 (1st Gate Road) is anticipated to resume in June 2020. Temporary stop signs are in place. Completion is expected by August 2020.
Temporary Road Closures
- Construction of the 2017 Storm Damage Repairs on Peacock Drive (CR 619) has begun. Peacock Drive is temporarily closed at Peacock Place. Use Oriole Drive and Poppy Drive as detour. Construction and detour signs are posted.
- Construction of the 2016 Storm Damage Repairs on Main Street (CR 407E) in Mendocino is anticipated to begin June 8, 2020. There will be no access to Highway 1 from Main Street during construction. One-way traffic off of Highway 1 will be open. Construction and detour signs will be posted.
- The Mendocino County Department of Transportation will be replacing a bridge on Powerhouse Road at M.P. 0.90 beginning July 2020. During construction of this project, that section of road will be closed to thru traffic during construction and will re-open with the completion of the new bridge. We anticipate the bridge construction to be complete by December 2020. During this period, traffic will be detoured around the project area using Gibson Lane. Signs will be clearly displayed to direct traffic through the detour route. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
The following roads will be closed until further notice:
- Mallard Street between Hawk Road and Poppy Drive (Brooktrails)
- Miner Hole Road at MP 0.15 (600 feet from Highway 1)
Seasonal Road Closures
The Mendocino County Department of Transportation will Lock Open the following road segment gates on Tuesday, May 26, 2020, by the end of day.
- Fort Bragg / Sherwood Road: CR 419, MP 5.08 - 27.54
- Ten Mile Road: CR 506, MP 0.18 - 1.68
- Navarro Ridge Road: CR 518, MP 8.82 - 13.10
- Usal Road (Key Lock): CR 431, MP 6.26 - 24.30
MCDoT would like to thank all parties that assist in the seasonal closures each winter for helping reduce sediment delivery into our streams and reduce unnecessary wear and tear along with illegal dumping on these road segments.
For status on State Routes, please call 800-427-7623 or visit CalTrans.