Programs and Services
- Mold Resources
- Food Safety
- California's Water Conservation Resource
- Frequently Requested Phone Numbers
(State of California Agencies Related to Environmental Health Matters)
- West Nile Virus
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- CalGOLD provides businesses with information on permits and other requirements of California agencies at all levels of government, including addresses, telephone numbers, and links to agency Internet web pages.
- Body Art
- Cottage Food
- Food Handler Card info
- ADA Service Animal Guidance and Regulation
- Newsletters (2017)
- Know the Facts About Blue/Green Algae
- Reducing Water Usage
- Water Saving Tips
- West Nile Virus
Paymentspayments online. You will need your Facility HZ# and Invoice EH# prior to making your online payment.
Have a Question? Contact Us!
- Main Phone Number: (707) 234-6625
- Send us an email: Environmental Health
- Ocean Monitoring Hotline: (707) 234-6627
The Environmental Health Division consists of 22 employees who carry out the mission to safeguard the public's health from environmental hazards. This is achieved through community education efforts and by enforcement of state and local laws to ensure safe supplies of food and water, to monitor the proper management of wastes and hazardous materials, to investigate environmental health-related causes of illness and to abate hazardous environmental health conditions. Environmental Health programs fall into 4 categories: Land Use, Consumer Protection, Hazardous Materials, and Solid Waste. Environmental Health also handles Rabies Surveillance in collaboration with the county Animal Control Department and the Public Health Lab and the Paralytic Shellfish Poisoning Program in collaboration with the State Department of Health Services.
Regular inspections of permitted facilities and investigations of complaints are handled by technically trained and licensed Environmental Health Specialists (EHS). New trends and issues in the environmental health field are closely followed by EH staff. The following programs are conducted by Mendocino County EH Department.