How Does Your County Veterans Services Staff Work for You?
Our Veterans Service Representatives are thoroughly trained and accredited by the United States Department of Veterans Affairs to represent you. Mendocino County Veterans Services Representatives are not employees of the federal government; they are county employees ready to assist you with any veterans claim. They will assist you in securing the maximum benefits. Your representative works closely with service officers from a veteran’s organization of your choice such as:
- American Legion
- California Department of Veterans Affairs
- Disabled American Veterans
- Military Order of the Purple Heart
- Paralyzed Veterans of America
- Veterans of Foreign Wars
- Others may qualify, for a full list - please contact the Veterans Affairs Office
We can assist you with:
- Compensation for service related disabilities.
- Pension for veterans with non-service connected disabilities.
- Education benefits and vocational rehabilitation (application and information).
- Medical treatment at VA Medical Centers (application and information).
- Home loan benefits (application and information).
- Government Life Insurance.
- Burial Benefits.
- Pension for non-service related deaths.
- Proceeds of government life insurance.
- Military Survivor Benefits Plan (SBP).
- Medical benefits.
- Educational benefits including the California College Fee Waiver Program.
We can provide information and referral for:
- Agent Orange programs.
- Alcoholism and drug treatment programs.
- State of California Veterans benefits.
- Veterans home loans.
- Outpatient medical and dental care.
Visit or contact our local offices:
Mendocino County Veterans Services Office
405 Observatory Avenue
PO Box 839
Ukiah, CA 95482
Fax: (707) 463-4637
Ukiah office hours are:
Monday through Thursday (excluding County holidays)
8:00 AM: 4:00 PM (By appointment only)
8:00 AM– 5:00 PM (Telephone inquiries)
360 North Harrison Street
Fort Bragg, CA 95437
Fax: (707) 961-6396
Monday and Wednesday (excluding County holidays)
8:00 AM– 5:00 PM
189 North Main Street
Willits, CA 95490
Fax: (707) 463-4637
Willits office hours are by appointment only.
- CalVet: (916) 503-8359
- VA Direct Deposit/Change of Address: (877) 838-2778
- VA Educational Benefits: (888) 442-4551
- VA Life Insurance: (800) 669-8477
- VA National Pension Center: (877) 294-6380
- VA Outpatient Clinics:
- Ukiah: (707) 468-7700
- Santa Rosa: (707) 569-2300
- Clearlake: (707) 995-7200
Transportation Services to SFVA Medical Center
From Fort Bragg:
Our van leaves from the Avila Center at 5:00 am on Tuesdays and Thursdays, and requires a reservation, call Gary at (415) 379-5612.
Veteran’s ID Cards
The Mendocino County Veterans Services Office will issue identification cards as proof of service in the United States military. Proof of service is needed to access services, benefits, and receive veteran’s discounts at many local businesses. With the ID, veterans will no longer need to carry a copy of their military discharge papers (DD-214) to show proof of service.
- Who is eligible: A person who served in the active military and who was discharged or released under Honorable conditions.
- What you will need: A copy of your Discharge Papers (DD-214) and A Photo ID
Note: If the veteran does not have a copy of their discharge papers, we can order a copy. Hours for processing ID Cards may vary. Please contact our office to set up an appointment.
- The California Veterans Resource Book
- The Federal Benefit Book
- County of Mendocino Veterans Memorial Building Rules and Regulations