Water is a collective heritage with different functions, uses, and values. Water is also finite, vulnerable to contamination and the effects of climate variability, which makes its future availability uncertain. Decision-making for water should be through a collaborative and inclusive process, where all the voices are represented (Ballester, Alba & Kelly E. Mott Lacroix). Natural resource management benefits everyone in our community.
Mendocino County invites public participation as we consider the many SWRP projects which will affect the future of our community. During updates to the plan, Mendocino County will provide opportunities for the public to comment on the SWRP and the proposed projects, or submit ideas of their own.
Stay informed by joining our email list and get updates on meetings, projects and SWRP progress (select Storm Water Resource Plan Under the Calendar and News).
Below is the Final 2018-19 Coastal Mendocino Storm Water Resource Plan.
Please submit, comments, questions or inquires by contacting:
Mendocino County Water Agency
501 Low Gap Rd, Room 1010
Ukiah, CA 95482
Submit a Project
You can help in the SWRP process by submitting projects for evaluation in the SWRP. If you have a potential project, it can be considered for the SWRP by completing the form below.
Technical Advisory Committee
Submitted projects will be reviewed and scored by a Technical Advisory Committee (TAC). The 2017-2019 TAC includes representatives from the following organizations:
- Mendocino County Water Agency
- Mendocino County Department of Transportation
- Mendocino County Environmental Health Division
- City of Fort Bragg - Public Works Department
- Mendocino County Resource Conservation District
- North Coast Regional Water Quality Control Board
- Ridge to River Environmental
- California Department of Fish and Wildlife
- LACO Associates
- State Water Resources Control Board