On December 6, 2011, the Board of Supervisors adopted Ordinance No. 4286 establishing an Assessment Appeals Board to replace the local Board of Equalization as the hearing body for assessment appeals. The Assessment Appeals Board was officially activated on July 1, 2013. If you have questions about the appeals process, please contact Clerk of the Board staff at (707) 463-4441.
The Clerk of the Board of Supervisors receives and processes Applications for Changed Assessment; schedules hearings in accordance with legal requirements; maintains minutes and official records; provides administrative support to the Mendocino County Assessment Appeals Board; and provides assistance and education to the general public on the assessment appeals process.
Assessment appeal forms are available on the Forms page.
Current Vacancies: Alternate Member (one seat available)
- Agendas and Minutes
- Mendocino County Assessment Appeals Board Agendas and Minutes
- Mendocino County Assessor's Office
- California State Board of Equalization
- SBOE Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's)
- Instructional Video for Filing an Assessment Appeal (SBOE)
- California Assessment Appeals Manual
- Publication 30, Residential Property Assessment Appeals Guide for California Property Owners