Please look at the below bulleted information.
This may assist you in answering any questions you might have pertaining to the Animal Shelter prior to calling our front counter staff.
* The Animal Shelter is closed on Sundays, Mondays & Holidays.
* The Animal Shelter is open from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. on Tuesday through Saturday.
* From 1:00 p.m to 1:30 p.m. every day the Animal Shelter is closed to the public for lunch.
* From 1:00 p.m. to 1:30 p.m. every day the Dog Kennels are closed for “Nap Time.”
* All dog kennel, cat adoption & cat colony room areas are shut down 20 minutes prior to closing.
* All adoptions must start 1 hour before closing.
* All financial transactions have to be completed 30 minutes prior to closing.
* Fees over $100.00 must be paid via cash or credit card.
* Insufficient funds on checks will go to collections with clients paying the fees and assessed penalties.
* Dog Licenses are valid for a 1 year period. * Rabies vaccinations are valid for either 1 or 3 years.
* If you wish to volunteer you must attend a Volunteer Orientation.
* All adopted animals from the shelter must be spayed or neutered.
* Owner surrender animals must have a scheduled appointment for impound at the shelter.
* Feral cats must have a scheduled appointment for impound at the shelter.
* Parents of young children must keep their children within close proximity of them when in the shelter.
* Please be patient when waiting in the lobby area. Staff will assist you as soon as they are able.