FEMA Emergency Lodging
FEMA will provide temporary housing to displaced residents for at least the next 18 months. FEMA oversees the management of enrollment of individuals into these housing solutions. Apply for FEMA Assistance online by December 11, 2017 at www.disasterAssistance.gov or by phone at 800-621-3362.
Residents who have been displaced by the fires are encouraged to go to the Disaster Recovery Center (DRC) to access services for disaster relief, including housing assistance.
- FEMA Transitional Shelter Assistance Fact Sheet
- FEMA California Wildfires Direct Lease Fact Sheet
- FEMA Multi-Family Lease and Repair Fact Sheet
- FEMA Manufactured Housing Units/Recreational Vehicles Fact Sheet
Travel Trailer Usage on Private Property
On October 31, 2017 the Mendocino County Board of Supervisors adopted an urgency ordinance that allows for the installation, use and temporary occupancy of trailer coaches (which includes recreational vehicles and mobile homes) on properties destroyed or damaged and made uninhabitable by the Redwood Complex fire. Effected residents may apply for an administrative permit using the form below. Administrative permits shall be issued only after requirements for health and safety standards are met.
- Travel Trailer Urgency Ordinance
- Travel Trailer Administrative Permit
- Temporary Trailer Occupancy FAQ
- Environmental Health Requirements of Temporary Dwelling