Phase 2 Application Submission Instructions (Updated Jan. 28 2020)
The Mendocino County Cannabis Program, under the Department of Planning and Building Services, will continue to accept Phase 2 industrial-indoor applications. Click here to view the zoning & permit size chart as provided in the MCCO 20.242.040, under Table 1.
*If you are applying for a renewal of an issued permit, please see the instructions above regarding our New Streamlined Renewal Application Instructions.
Phase 2 applications for cultivation must be submitted in person at the Department of Planning and Building Services, Cannabis Program. Application packets submitted to the Cannabis Cultivation Program will undergo a preliminary review to determine completeness. Within fifteen (15) business days of submittal, the applicant will be notified in writing as to whether the application packet is incomplete or accepted:
- Incomplete application notifications will include information regarding application deficiencies.
- Acceptance application notifications will include instruction on how to complete submission of their applications, including payment of required fees.
All application submission packets must be placed in an 8.5 x 11 inch or larger manila envelope, labeled with the following:
- Date of Submission
- Applicant Name
- Phone Number
- Mailing Address
- Cultivation Site Address
Please note, the following is a list of documents that may be required upon application (if these documents have not already been submitted to the Cannabis Program):
- Cultivation Permit Application
- Cultivation & Operations Plan
- Building Structure List
- Site plan
- Employee List
- Color copies of valid identification for each Applicant and all listed persons in the above Employee List
- Relocation Worksheet, a Remediation Plan, and a Water Availability Analysis for relocation applications
- Signed Property Owner Consent form if applicable
- Copy of Live Scan fingerprint form for each applicant and all listed persons in the above Employee List
- Business organizational documents if applicable
- Timberland Permit, Proof of Mitigation or 3-acre conversion if applicable
- Seller’s Permit from the California Department of Tax and Fee Administration (CDTFA)
- State Water Board: Current Notice of Applicability (a current Notice of Receipt for General Waste Discharge may be submitted until the current NOA is available to you)
- State Water Board: Notice of Receipt for Small Irrigation Use Registration (SIUR)
- Copy of final Lake or Streambed Alteration Agreement (LSAA), waiver, letter determining LSAA is not required, EPIMS registration, or any other official documentation expressing current status with the California Department of Fish and Wildlife (CDFW) as required
- Copy of the website results from the EnviroStor Cortese List using your cultivation site address
- Copy of well permit if used for irrigation or copy of well completion report if available (a copy of the Residential Building Record from the Mendocino County Assessor’s Office may be submitted if these are not available)
- Copy of septic permit if you have Operators & Employees other than the Applicant(s)
- Copies of your provisional or annual license for cannabis cultivation activities issued by the California Department of Food and Agriculture - CalCannabis Division if received
Applicants are advised to make a copy of their application packet for their own records.
Click here to see some examples of documents required for the cannabis cultivation application.
Example documents are available to provide applicants with a greater familiarity of the various documents required from other agencies during the application process. These example documents include Articles of Incorporation, CDTFA Seller's Permit, State Waterboard Annual Water Monitoring, CDFW EPIMS application submission confirmation email, CDFW LSA application payment receipt, CDFW LSAA application submission confirmation, Cortese List, Department of Water Resources (DWR) letter regarding well records, State Waterboard Notice of Applicability (NOA), State Waterboard Notice of Receipt for General Waste Discharge, State Waterboard Notice of Receipt for Small Irrigation Use Registration (SIUR), Well Driller's Report, CDFW Final LSAA (Final 1602), and State Waterboard Notice of Receipt and Invoice for Cannabis Small Irrigation Use Registration (SIUR).
Please visit our Cannabis Program Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) for more details.
Please click here for a PDF of our Press Release regarding the Phase One Re-Opening from April 2019 to October 2019.
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.