NEW! Renewal Application Process (Updated Nov. 25, 2019)
Attention All Cannabis Cultivation Renewal Applicants who currently have a Renewal Application submitted to the Cannabis Program that is pending and Permit Holders needing to renew their Cultivation Permit:
On November 25, 2019, the Cannabis Program implemented a new cannabis renewal application process. The purpose of this process is to simplify and streamline the issuance of Renewal Permits and in most cases we hope to issue a Renewal Permit immediately upon application.
EVERY CANNABIS CULTIVATION PERMIT HOLDER THAT IS ELIGIBLE TO RENEW THEIR PERMIT OR HAS ALREADY APPLIED USING THE OLD RENEWAL APPLICATION PROCESS, MUST SUBMIT THIS NEW RENEWAL APPLICATION, THE NEW COMMERCIAL CANNABIS CULTIVATION APPLICANT, OWNER, STATE LICENSEE AND EMPLOYEE LIST, AND THE REQUIRED SUPPORTING DOCUMENTATION AS LISTED IN THE APPLICATION AND INSTRUCTIONS. IF YOU HAVE PREVIOUSLY SUBMITTED A RENEWAL APPLICATION THAT IS CURRENTLY PENDING, ANY OTHER SUPPORTING DOCUMENTATION SUBMITTED WITH THAT APPLICATION MAY BE USED TO MEET THE SUPPORTING DOCUMENT REQUIREMENTS OF THE NEW RENEWAL APPLICATION. IF YOU HAVE ALREADY PAID YOUR RENEWAL APPLICATION FEE, YOU WILL NOT BE REQUIRED TO PAY IT AGAIN.
NEW! Renewal Application (Revised November 26, 2019)
NEW! Commercial Cannabis Cultivation Applicant, Owner, State Licensee and Employee List WILL BE REQUIRED IN ALL CASES. (Revised November 25, 2019)
Any new renewal applicants that have NOT already submitted an application that is pending are encouraged to submit this new Renewal Application and all supporting documentation before their current permit expires. In all cases, applications should be submitted no later than 30 days after expiration of your current permit. The expiration date on your current permit is located on the issued Mendocino County Cannabis Cultivation Permit.
Renewal Applications and all supporting documentation may be submitted to the Cannabis Program in the following ways:
1) In person at the Dept. of Planning & Building Services located at 860 N Bush St., Ukiah, CA 95482
2) Emailed to CannabisProgram@mendocinocounty.org (please include your ISSUED permit number in the subject line)
3) Placed in the cannabis dropbox at the Dept. of Planning & Building located at 860 N Bush St., Ukiah, CA 95482 (Due to an expected large volume of renewal applicants, this method of submittal is recommended for those who don't want an extended wait.)
Dropbox Submission Instructions (Updated Nov. 5, 2019)
The Mendocino County Cannabis Program, under the Department of Planning and Building Services, will continue to accept Phase II industrial-indoor applications and changes to your existing cannabis cultivation applications. *If you are applying for a Renewal of an issued permit, please see the instructions above regarding our NEW Renewal Application Process.
Phase II applications for cultivation must be submitted via dropbox located at the Department of Planning and Building Services. Application packets submitted to the Cannabis Cultivation Program will undergo a preliminary review to determine completeness. Within fifteen (15) business days of submittal, the applicant will be notified in writing as to whether the application packet is incomplete or accepted:
- Incomplete application notifications will include information regarding application deficiencies.
- Acceptance application notifications will include instruction on how to complete submission of their applications, including payment of required fees.
All application submission packets must be placed in an 8.5 x 11 inch or larger manila envelope, labeled with the following:
- Date of submission
- Applicant name
- Phone number
- Mailing address
- Cultivation site address
Please note, the following is a list of documents that may be required upon application of renewal (if these documents have not already been submitted to the Cannabis Program):
- A DATED photograph of CURRENT cultivation activities on the proposed cannabis cultivation site location
- Completed Renewal Application for Renewals only
- Completed Commercial Cannabis Cultivation Applicant, Owner, State Licensee and Employee List
- Color copies of valid verifiable identification of each Applicant and all listed persons in the above form
- Completed Cultivation Permit Application
- Completed Cultivation & Operations Plan
- Completed Building Structure List
- Site plan
- Relocation Worksheet, a Remediation Plan, and a Water Availability Analysis for relocation applications
- Completed Property Owner Consent form if applicable
- Copy of Live Scan fingerprint form for each applicant and anyone engaged in cultivation of cannabis
- Business organizational documents if applicable
- Timberland Permit, Proof of Mitigation or 3-acre conversion if applicable
- California Department of Tax and Fee Administration (CDTFA) Seller’s Permit
- State Water Board: Current Notice of Applicability (a current Notice of Receipt for General Waste Discharge may be submitted until the current NOA is available to you)
- State Water Board: Notice of Receipt for Small Irrigation Use Registration (SIUR)
- Copy of final Lake or Streambed Alteration Agreement (LSAA), waiver, letter determining LSAA is not required, EPIMS registration, or any other official documentation expressing current status with the California Department of Fish and Wildlife (CDFW) as required
- Copy of the website results from the EnviroStor Cortese List using your cultivation site address
- Copy of well permit if used for irrigation or copy of well completion report if available (a copy of the Residential Building Record from the Mendocino County Assessor’s Office may be submitted if these are not available)
- Copy of septic permit if you have Operators & Employees other than the Applicant(s)
- Copies of your provisional or annual license for cannabis cultivation activities issued by the California Department of Food and Agriculture - CalCannabis Division if received
Applicants are advised to make a copy of their application packet for their own records.
ADDITIONAL DROPBOX INFORMATION...
Example documents are available to provide applicants with a greater familiarity of the various documents required from other agencies during the application process. These example documents include Articles of Incorporation, CDTFA Seller's Permit, State Waterboard Annual Water Monitoring, CDFW EPIMS application submission confirmation email, CDFW LSA application payment receipt, CDFW LSAA application submission confirmation, Cortese List, Department of Water Resources (DWR) letter regarding well records, State Waterboard Notice of Applicability (NOA), State Waterboard Notice of Receipt for General Waste Discharge, State Waterboard Notice of Receipt for Small Irrigation Use Registration (SIUR), Well Driller's Report, CDFW Final LSAA (Final 1602), and State Waterboard Notice of Receipt and Invoice for Cannabis Small Irrigation Use Registration (SIUR).
Please visit our Cannabis Program Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) for more details.
Please click here for a PDF of our Press Release regarding the Phase One Re-Opening from April 2019 to October 2019.
For more information, please contact email@example.com.