April 2019 - October 2019 Phase One Re-Opening
Beginning Monday, April 1, 2019, the Mendocino County Cannabis Program, under the Department of Planning and Building Services, will accept Phase I Cannabis Cultivation Applications. All applications for cultivation must be submitted via drop box located at the Department of Planning and Building Services. The deadline to submit your application for cultivation under Phase One is October 4, 2019 at 5:00 pm.
Application packets submitted to the Cannabis Cultivation Program will undergo a preliminary review to determine completeness. Within fifteen (15) business days of submittal, the applicant will be notified in writing as to whether the application packet is incomplete or complete. Incomplete application notifications will include information regarding application deficiencies. Notifications for complete applications will include instruction on how to complete submission of their applications, including payment of required fees.
All application submission packets must be placed in an 8 ½ X 11 inch manila envelope labeled with the date of submission, applicant name, phone number, mailing address and cultivation site address. Please include the following documents in this order:
- At least two forms of Proof of Prior cultivation (photographic and additional piece of evidence)
- A photograph of current cultivation activities on the proposed cannabis cultivation site location
- Cultivation Permit Application
- Completed Cultivation and Operations Plan
- Completed Building Structure List
- Relocation Worksheet, a Remediation Plan, and a Water Availability Analysis for relocation applications
- Completed Property Owner Consent form if applicable
- Color copy of valid identification of applicant and all listed employees/workers
- Site plan-No hand drawn site plans will be accepted for cultivation applications
- Copy of Live Scan fingerprint form for anyone engaged in cultivation of cannabis
- Business organizational documents if applicable
- Timberland Permit, Proof of Mitigation or 3-acre conversion if applicable
- California Department of Tax and Fee Administration (CDTFA) Seller’s Permit
- Water Board permits: Notice of Applicability (Notice of Receipt may be accepted) and or water rights or Small Irrigation Use Registration (SIUR)
- Copy of final Lake or Streambed Alteration Agreement (LSAA), waiver, letter determining LSAA is not required, EPIMS registration or any other official documentation expressing current status with the California Department of Fish and Wildlife (CDFW) as required
- Results from the Cortese list
- Copy of well permit (if used for irrigation), copy of septic permit (if septic is used on property) copy of well completion report (if available) or a copy of the Residential Building Record from the Mendocino County Assessor’s Office
- Copies of credentials for cultivation activities issued by the California Department of Food and Agriculture if received
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Electronic applications will not be accepted. Once submitted, items cannot be added or removed from application packets. Applicants are advised to make a copy of their application packet for their own records.
Please click HERE for a PDF of this Press Release regarding Phase One Re-Opening.
Example documents are available to provide applicants with a greater familiarity of the various documents required from other agencies during the application process. These example documents include Articles of Incorporation, CDTFA Seller's Permit, State Waterboard Annual Water Monitoring, CDFW EPIMS application submission confirmation email, CDFW LSA application payment receipt, CDFW LSAA application submission confirmation, Cortese List, Department of Water Resources (DWR) letter regarding well records, State Waterboard Notice of Applicability (NOA), State Waterboard Notice of Receipt for General Waste Discharge, State Waterboard Notice of Receipt for Small Irrigation Use Registration (SIUR), Well Driller's Report, CDFW Final LSAA (Final 1602), and State Waterboard Notice of Receipt and Invoice for Cannabis Small Irrigation Use Registration (SIUR).
Please visit our Cannabis Program Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) for more details.