- Phone:(707) 463-4363
- Fax:(707) 463-5474
- Summary County road and bridge maintenance, encroachment and transportation permits, road closures, County airports
- Most PopularNo
- Open In The Same WindowYes
| ROAD CLOSURES
||PERMITS & APPLICATION
||RFPs, RFQs, & PROJECTS TO BID
About the Department of Transportation
The Department is responsible for the maintenance and operation of 1,014 miles of County maintained roads, 137 bridges, and numerous related features including: surface drainage facilities, traffic control signs and signals, and pavement markings. We handle land development applications that impact our County roads, issue transportation and encroachment permits, oversee two County airports - Round Valley and Little River Airports, and oversee our County landfill closures. Our Surveyor office provides maps, legal description review and other services.
The Department of Transportation consists of four Divisions:
- Administration & Business Services
- Engineering - ensure the Department of Transportation activities are conducted in accordance with applicable laws, regulations, and procedures.
- Land Improvement - land improvement applications with a primary focus on project access (private roads, driveways, and County maintained roads); transportation and encroachment permits; County landfills; County airports - Round Valley & Little River Airports; County Surveyor office - maps, legal description review.
- Roads - road maintenance crews operate out of 7 yards throughout the County: Boonville, Covelo, Fort Bragg, Laytonville, Point Arena, Ukiah, and Willits. There is also a bridge crew which operates out of the Ukiah yard.
340 Lake Mendocino Drive
Ukiah, CA 95482
Phone: (707) 463-4363
Fax: (707) 463-5474
Monday - Friday, 8 am to 4:30 pm
Visit us on Facebook