Health Officer Update – May 24, 2020
Post Date:05/24/2020 11:04 AM
- Number of Mendocino County COVID-19 cases: 21 (12 recovered; 2 hospitalized; 7 on home isolation).
- Three people hospitalized in Mendocino County from the Redwood Valley outbreak stemming from the Assembly of God Church - Mother’s Day Livestream service with singing. Upon notification of the situation the Health Officer ordered testing to occur in Redwood Valley.On May 19, testing occurred with 337 individuals being tested.All results have been received and 6 more individuals were found to test positive for COVID-19.Each of these six were connected to this event. There are now a total of nine people who have tested positive for COVID-19 associated with this outbreak: 2 are Lake County residents and 7 are Mendocino County residents. While there are 3 hospitalized patients, 2 courses of Remdesivir (enough to treat 2 people), the only FDA approved medicine for COVID-19, have been received by Adventist Health Ukiah Hospital. The Blanket Isolation and Quarantine Orders of the Health Officer mandate that the 6 new cases (announced 5/22) who tested COVID-19 positive, remain in ISOLATION for 10 days from the date of their test (until 5/29). These Orders also mandate that the close contacts of the cases (being closer than 6 feet for more than 10 minutes) must remain in quarantine for 14 days from their last contact with a case. Instructions for Isolation and Quarantine are contained in the Blanket Isolation and Quarantine health officer orders on the County website.
- For community members both trained in the medical field and those that are not but who wish to join our team and volunteer to fight the pandemic THANK YOU! We are looking for volunteers to join the Case Investigation and Contract Tracing Team. This is a two-step process
- Interested individuals will need to sign up as a volunteer through NCO. If you are medical professional please sign up as a volunteer through the Disaster Health Volunteers. You can contact NCO at https://www.ncoinc.org/ or (707) 467-3200.
- Once you have signed up as a volunteer, please contact Donna Schuler at SchulerD@MendocinoCounty.org and share with her your availability for assistance.
- Testing is ongoing. If you believe you have been exposed to COVID-19 from the Redwood Valley Assembly of God Church, please register for FREE testing at OptumServe by completing the online registration and booking your appointment through their website https://lhi.care/covidtesting. Appointments are currently available as soon as Thursday afternoon.
- UPDATE ON TESTING: on Saturday, May 23, Public Health tested 36 people for COVID-19. These individuals were offered free testing due to their exposure to the Redwood Valley Assembly of God Church outbreak and/or to the industry workplace in Sonoma County associated with the 15th Mendocino County case. These results should be available by May 27.
- OPTUM SERVE TESTING INFORMATION: The OptumServe testing site is open to the public Tuesday – Saturday from 12:30 pm – 7:00 pm at the Redwood Empire Fairgrounds, 1055 N. State St., Ukiah CA 95482 in Carl Purdy Hall.Appointments can be made by calling 888-634-1123 or by visiting https://lhi.care/covidtesting.
- As a reminder lodging (hotel, motels, campgrounds etc.) are closed for tourism and leisure for all people (for County residents and visitors).
- PLEASE SEE COUNTY WEBSITE FOR
- Posters for Businesses: Stay Home when sick, wear a facial covering, stay 6 feet apart (https://www.mendocinocounty.org/business/business-resource-for-covid-19)
- Infographic on Social Bubbles and Work Units (https://www.mendocinocounty.org/home/showdocument?id=35704)
For more on COVID-19:
Call Center: (707) 234-6052 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The call center is open Monday-Friday from 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.