Update #2: PG&E Public Safety Power Shutoff (PSPS) Scheduled for November 20, 2019 through November 21, 2019
The County of Mendocino has been notified by Pacific Gas and Electric (PG&E) that power may be turned off in our area due to high risk weather conditions on November 20, 2019. The following updated information was provided by PG&E:
- The scope remains the same for Mendocino County as stated in Update #1. The coastal areas are no longer in the scope.
- PSPS footprint is along Hwy 175 east of Old Hopland and the Pine Mountain area near the Sonoma County line.
- Total Customers have been reduced from approximately 1300 to 173.
- The Community Resource Centers (CRC) will be open today. The resource centers will be located at 1775 N State St, Ukiah and 13101 Nokomis Rd. outside of Hopland. A CRC will also be located at the Citrus Fairgrounds in Cloverdale.
- De-energization initiated by PG&E began at 7:00 am on November 20, 2019, prior to the start of the 8:00 am wind event.
- All clear from outage producing winds is forecast for Thursday November 21, 2019 at 2:00 am.
- PG&E estimates power lines will be re-energized within 24 hours.
The County will release any updated information on the power outage and re-energization timelines as they become available.
For more information, please contact the Executive Office at 707-463-4441. For updated County information on the public safety power shut off, please visit www.mendocinocounty.org/psps or follow the County on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/mendocinocounty and twitter https://twitter.com/countymendocino.