Update #1: PG&E Public Safety Power Shutoff (PSPS) Scheduled for November 20, 2019 through November 21, 2019 Change in Scope
The County of Mendocino has been notified by Pacific Gas and Electric (PG&E) that power may be turned off in our area due to high risk weather conditions on November 20, 2019. The following updated information was provided by PG&E:
- The scope and map have changed and the coastal areas are no longer in scope in Mendocino County.
- The PSPS area is McNab Ranch south through Hopland to the County line.
- Total Customers have been reduced from approximately 3000 to 1300.
- The City of Ukiah is not in scope.
- The Community Resource Center (CRC) in Ukiah is scheduled to be erected today. The resource center will be located at 1775 N State St, Ukiah. A CRC will also be located at the Citrus Fairgrounds in Cloverdale.
- De-energization will be initiated by PG&E and is estimated to occur at 7:00 am on November 20, 2019, prior to the start of the 8:00 am wind event
The County will release any updated information on the power outage and re-energization timelines as they become available.
For more information, please contact the Executive Office at 707-463-4441. For updated County information on the public safety power shut off, please visit www.mendocinocounty.org/psps or follow the County on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/mendocinocounty and twitter https://twitter.com/countymendocino.